Orange City Centre
Orion Springfield in south-east Queensland, opened in March 2007, and awarded a 6 star GreenStar rating in February 2008 is one of the world's most sustainable shopping centres.
Mirvac Leading the Way in Sustainability
Mirvac is a symbol for responsible and sustainable development and continues to deliver outstanding examples of sustainability in action.
Recent highlights include:
- Orion Springfield in south-east Queensland, opened in March 2007, and awarded a 6 star GreenStar rating in February 2008 is one of the world's most sustainable shopping centres.
- The GridX Trigeneration System at Mirvac Vision Estate, Glenfield awarded the 2007 Banksia Climate Award, one of Australia’s most prestigious environmental awards. The GridX system achieves an 80% efficiency factor compared with 35% of traditional coal fired electricity and delivers an immediate 33% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.
- Mirvac was included in the 2006 and 2007 Climate Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI). The CDLI includes the top three companies within any industry group that are best positioned to manage climate change risks and capture opportunities.
- Mirvac partnered with the international student organisation AIESEC to deliver Project Echo, a youth focussed program to encourage the implementation of sustainable practices on a global level, and sponsorship of the 2007 AIESEC Green Entrepreneurship Challenge for university students to uncover the ‘next big thing’ in sustainability innovation.
- Mirvac has maintained its listing on the United Kingdom’s FTSE4Good Global Index and a listing in the Australian SAM Sustainability Index (AuSSI) recognises Mirvac as one of the top sustainability-driven companies within the entire Australian economy.
- In September, Mirvac launched the Mirvac Sustainability@Work program focussing on employee participation to reduce the environmental impacts of Mirvac office-based activities and embed a culture of sustainability within the Mirvac workforce.
- The Mirvac Real Estate Services online contractor induction process has seen more than 5000 individuals inducted for site specific management of Health Safety Environment relating to facilities management.
- The Mirvac Foundation was established to provide financial and people support to national or State based charities to fund and build specific projects in a number of key areas including community development and environmental improvement and protection.
Mirvac will continue to build on this performance, and ensure appropriate, timely and coordinated action going forward.
For more information on Mirvac’s sustainability journey please click here
MIRVAC SUSTAINABILITY REPORTING
Mirvac has released its second public sustainability report demonstrating significant progress in transitioning from a project based approach to sustainability, to a strategic Group wide activities-focussed approach.
Please click here to read the Public Sustainability Report for the Mirvac Group (4203K).